Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inspire.....

First I would like to introduce our very first Guest Designer of the Month, Joanna Lee!

Web

She will be coming out with a layout next week to give everyone inspiration and introduce us to her style of work. Do visit her blog to see some of her work.

I really wish to bring scrapbooking back to the basics of scrapbooking. I was chatting with someone today and she told me that scrapbooking has become highly competitive within the community, everyone is comparing the style of work, effects they put onto their layouts etc etc.....

But isn't scrapbooking about retaining the memory of that precious moments..... That's why I started The Scrapbook Carton....I want to bring back the basic...one carton at a time..I remember creating a competition at the start asking everyone to tell their story from their scrapwork and the judging criteria gave a higher scoring to whoever content was better. The layout/design was secondary. That is because I wanted to bring back the culture and real ideas of scrapbooking.

I find memories are precious. Just as everyone, I have problems and tussles with my Dad. I go home from work feeling angry from our strained relationship.....but it's the memories of my happy times that bring me to the real truth to our relationship. It is beyond what happens at that heated moment but the memories when you think back.

I don't scrapbook but I know scrapbooking is really about treasuring those memories and I want to bring forth this cause I know how important those memories are to us.

Hope there are people out there who feel the same....and bring forth this message to every scrapper and bring back the basics......Inspire others with the basic and remind them of the memories and go beyond the desire to compete......and always to share your work with the intention to inspire others with your memory and not the design.

Take a first step and share us your story. Inspire.

5 comments:

  1. I really really like this...
    its true... that bottom line- Scrapbooking is about memories... however times evolve scrapbooking as a hobby... with more and newer supplies and range... its becoming increasingly competitive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the competitive part.

    then again, the original term "scrapbooking"
    is actually taking scraps and memories
    to create a page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said! Take time to preserve the memories but we should spend more time with our beloved to create those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agreeing that scrapbooking is all about memories for keepsake for that special someone in our life.

    Way to go Scrapbook Carton!!

    ReplyDelete